News Corp. PR Veteran Jack Horner Jumps to Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
Horner will take a senior publicity role at the film studio.
Jack Horner, a veteran corporate communications executive for News Corp., is jumping to Warner Bros., sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
As vp corporate affairs and communications at the Rupert Murdoch-led News Corp., Horner has been on the front lines of the evolving phone-hacking scandal at the company's defunct News of the World newspaper.
Sources say Horner has accepted a senior publicity position in the Warner Bros. motion picture group and will work primarily with film studio chief Jeff Robinov and marketing head Sue Kroll, as well as contribute to the studio's overall publicity strategy. Warners has been searching for a seasoned PR executive to fill the post for some time. As the New York Times noted in April 2011, the studio has engaged publicist Kelly Bush as an outside consultant for the past few years. It's not clear what impact Horner's hiring will have on Bush's relationship with the studio.
Horner is expected to start at Warner Bros. in September. He will relocate from New York to Burbank.
Kim Masters contributed to this report.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack