News Corp's Puji Star and Talpa Media launch Chinese Format Joint Venture
Talpa China Star will focus on the production of Chinese versions of Talpa formats such as '"The Voice."
Puji Star Media, the development and investment vehicle set up by News Corp.-backed Star China Media and Puji Capital, have set up a new joint venture with The Voice creator John de Mol's Talpa Media, to produce TV formats for the booming mainland Chinese market.
The operation, dubbed Talpa China Star, will focus on the production and exploitation of TV markets from Talpa catalogue, among them The Voice, I Love My Country and Sing It.
Star China Media produced the first season of The Voice of China, which was a massive hit, reaching more than 500 million viewers. Season two has already been ordered.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!