News Corp's Puji Star and Talpa Media launch Chinese Format Joint Venture
Talpa China Star will focus on the production of Chinese versions of Talpa formats such as '"The Voice."
Puji Star Media, the development and investment vehicle set up by News Corp.-backed Star China Media and Puji Capital, have set up a new joint venture with The Voice creator John de Mol's Talpa Media, to produce TV formats for the booming mainland Chinese market.
The operation, dubbed Talpa China Star, will focus on the production and exploitation of TV markets from Talpa catalogue, among them The Voice, I Love My Country and Sing It.
Star China Media produced the first season of The Voice of China, which was a massive hit, reaching more than 500 million viewers. Season two has already been ordered.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR