News Corp's Puji Star and Talpa Media launch Chinese Format Joint Venture
Talpa China Star will focus on the production of Chinese versions of Talpa formats such as '"The Voice."
Puji Star Media, the development and investment vehicle set up by News Corp.-backed Star China Media and Puji Capital, have set up a new joint venture with The Voice creator John de Mol's Talpa Media, to produce TV formats for the booming mainland Chinese market.
The operation, dubbed Talpa China Star, will focus on the production and exploitation of TV markets from Talpa catalogue, among them The Voice, I Love My Country and Sing It.
Star China Media produced the first season of The Voice of China, which was a massive hit, reaching more than 500 million viewers. Season two has already been ordered.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park