News Host Cherno Jobatey to Head HuffPost Germany
The German version of Arianna Huffington's online news site launched Wednesday.
Cherno Jobatey, a popular morning news host in Germany, has been named the editorial director of Huffington Post Deutschland, the local-language version of Arianna Huffington's online news site, which launched Thursday for Europe's German-speaking markets.
Jobatey was the host of ZDF Morgenmagazin, a popular daytime news show on Germany's number two public broadcaster, for some 20 years. He stepped down earlier this year, though he has continued to report for the show.
At HuffPost Deutschland, Jobatey will oversee an editorial team of 15 Munich-based journalists.
HuffPost's German launch is the latest in a European roll out that has seen the site bow local versions in France, Italy, Spain and the U.K..
In Germany, the site will operate in collaboration with Tomorrow Focus, an Internet group controlled by local publishing giant Hubert Burda Media.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s