News Host Cherno Jobatey to Head HuffPost Germany
The German version of Arianna Huffington's online news site launched Wednesday.
Cherno Jobatey, a popular morning news host in Germany, has been named the editorial director of Huffington Post Deutschland, the local-language version of Arianna Huffington's online news site, which launched Thursday for Europe's German-speaking markets.
Jobatey was the host of ZDF Morgenmagazin, a popular daytime news show on Germany's number two public broadcaster, for some 20 years. He stepped down earlier this year, though he has continued to report for the show.
At HuffPost Deutschland, Jobatey will oversee an editorial team of 15 Munich-based journalists.
HuffPost's German launch is the latest in a European roll out that has seen the site bow local versions in France, Italy, Spain and the U.K..
In Germany, the site will operate in collaboration with Tomorrow Focus, an Internet group controlled by local publishing giant Hubert Burda Media.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)