'Newsroom' Actor Joins 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' (Exclusive)
Disney's family film starring Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner will open in October 2014.
Newsroom actor Joel Johnstone has joined Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Disney's adaptation of the popular children's book series.
The live-action feature stars Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner and Ed Oxenbould and will be directed by Miguel Arteta from a script by Lisa Cholodenko and Rob Lieber.
Produced by 21 Laps and The Jim Henson Co., the family film follows a boy (Oxenbould) who wakes up with gum in his hair, and things get worse from there. It's slated to open in theaters on Oct. 10, 2014.
Johnstone played Cameron, the head of the advance team of Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, on the second season of HBO's The Newsroom. He'll next appear in HBO comedy Getting On with Laurie Metcalf, Alex Borstein and Niecy Nash. He's repped by Working Entertainment and BRS.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR