Next 'Bourne' Pic to Hit Theaters in Late Summer 2015
UPDATED: Universal also announces a 2014 release date for Luc Besson's "Lucy."
Justin Lin's untitled Bourne film will open in theaters Aug. 14, 2015. The next chapter in the action-spy franchise returns Jeremy Renner in the role of Aaron Cross following the 2012 box office success of The Bourne Legacy.
It's the first time Lin has directed a Bourne pic for Universal. He's most famous for directing the Fast & Furious movies, but isn't at the helm of Fast & Furious 7, which has become shrouded in tragedy following the death of Paul Walker in a car crash during a hiatus from shooting.
Longtime Bourne producer Frank Marshall is returning for the next installment, and will produce alongside Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith for Captivate. Lin will also produce for his Perfect Storm Entertainment.
Inspired by author Robert Ludlum's book series, the Bourne film franchise underwent a major transformation with the departure of star Matt Damon and arrival of Renner in the lead role in The Bourne Legacy.
Universal also announced a Aug. 8, 2014 release date for Luc Besson's Lucy, starring Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman. The action-thriller, produced by Virginie Besson-Silla and Besson's EuropaCorp, follows a woman who turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR