Next 'Bourne' Pic to Hit Theaters in Late Summer 2015
UPDATED: Universal also announces a 2014 release date for Luc Besson's "Lucy."
Justin Lin's untitled Bourne film will open in theaters Aug. 14, 2015. The next chapter in the action-spy franchise returns Jeremy Renner in the role of Aaron Cross following the 2012 box office success of The Bourne Legacy.
It's the first time Lin has directed a Bourne pic for Universal. He's most famous for directing the Fast & Furious movies, but isn't at the helm of Fast & Furious 7, which has become shrouded in tragedy following the death of Paul Walker in a car crash during a hiatus from shooting.
Longtime Bourne producer Frank Marshall is returning for the next installment, and will produce alongside Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith for Captivate. Lin will also produce for his Perfect Storm Entertainment.
Inspired by author Robert Ludlum's book series, the Bourne film franchise underwent a major transformation with the departure of star Matt Damon and arrival of Renner in the lead role in The Bourne Legacy.
Universal also announced a Aug. 8, 2014 release date for Luc Besson's Lucy, starring Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman. The action-thriller, produced by Virginie Besson-Silla and Besson's EuropaCorp, follows a woman who turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game