The Hollywood Reporter Celebrates the Next Gen Class of 2011
Top entertainment executives and talent joined THR's 35 Under 35 at Milk Studios Saturday night in honor of the annual issue.
The Hollywood Reporter's annual Next Generation list, a look book for top executives and talent in the entertainment industry, stepped off the newsstands Saturday for a party at Los Angeles' Milk Studios.
Partnering with the Motion Picture and Television Fund's "Reel Stories, Real Lives" event and sponsor A&E, the Next Gen reception welcomed such 2011 recipients as Like Crazy director Drake Doremus, Pariah actress Adepero Oduye and George Clooney's The Descendants co-star Shailene Woodley.
Other guests turning out for the event included Jennifer Garner, Jodie Foster, Josh Brolin and Chris Pine -- as well as MPTF chairman and DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg.
The rest of Next Gen's best and brightest mixed it up inside the party, which was hosted by Robert Downey Jr. and included readings from Chris Pine and his father Robert Pine as well as a musical performance from Megan Mullally.
HBO president Sue Naegle, an alum of the Next Gen-er list, introduced THR editorial director Janice Min, who announced the 35 members of the Class of 2011.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay