The Hollywood Reporter Celebrates the Next Gen Class of 2011
Top entertainment executives and talent joined THR's 35 Under 35 at Milk Studios Saturday night in honor of the annual issue.
The Hollywood Reporter's annual Next Generation list, a look book for top executives and talent in the entertainment industry, stepped off the newsstands Saturday for a party at Los Angeles' Milk Studios.
Partnering with the Motion Picture and Television Fund's "Reel Stories, Real Lives" event and sponsor A&E, the Next Gen reception welcomed such 2011 recipients as Like Crazy director Drake Doremus, Pariah actress Adepero Oduye and George Clooney's The Descendants co-star Shailene Woodley.
Other guests turning out for the event included Jennifer Garner, Jodie Foster, Josh Brolin and Chris Pine -- as well as MPTF chairman and DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg.
The rest of Next Gen's best and brightest mixed it up inside the party, which was hosted by Robert Downey Jr. and included readings from Chris Pine and his father Robert Pine as well as a musical performance from Megan Mullally.
HBO president Sue Naegle, an alum of the Next Gen-er list, introduced THR editorial director Janice Min, who announced the 35 members of the Class of 2011.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David