The next Gosselins? TLC orders 'Sextuplets'
EXCLUSIVE: Net's latest big-family show stars Latino clan
Kate Gosselin is about to get some company: A new family of sextuplets is moving in at TLC.
The network has ordered eight episodes of "Sextuplets Take New York," which will chronicle a family billed as America's first Latino sextuplets. It is set to premiere Sept. 14.
The series revolves around Victor and Digna Carpio, who are raising four boys and two girls in Queens, N.Y. All are 22 months old, recently have mastered the art of walking and soon will be talking. Each episode follows the daily challenges of raising the babies (50 diaper changes a day) and a 9-year-old son in a modest-sized home.
Nancy Daniels, senior vp production and development at the network said the network cast the family after doing a special on three sets of parents struggling with a multiple birth.
"We fell in love with them," she said. "All of our shows look at interesting families and interesting live. They're struggling with taking care of a lot of small children who are all the same age and overrunning their house."
The show will revolve around raising seven kids on a budget, plus staying healthy and active. It is sure to draw comparisons to TLC's sextuplet smash "Jon & Kate Plus 8," which since has morphed into a series of specials titled "Kate Plus 8."
"Kate" and "Sextuplets" are produced by Figure 8 Films.
TLC's big-brood reality programming has done well at the network, which also has "19 Kids and Counting" and the recently announced "Quints by Surprise," plus such other unconventional family portraits as "Little People, Big World" and "One Big Happy Family." The network also has the upcoming polygamy series "Sister Wives."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'