NFL Replacement Referee Debacle Sparks Player, Celebrity Outrage
A disputed touchdown that ended Monday night's Packers-Seahawks game was the latest offense by non-union officials, who have been pilloried by criticism.
Fans, players and movie stars alike are throwing the flag on the NFL's referee lockout.
The league, which barred officials from working games as they continue to fight over salary, has installed replacement referees, and it's proven disastrous. Blown calls have cost teams games, and after a disputed touchdown between the Packers and Seahawks on Monday night -- it looked like an interception by Green Bay, but was ruled a TD for Seattle -- that decided the game, Hollywood blew up on Twitter.
Celebrities: just regular old football fans like the rest of us.
Players involved in the game also were outraged, and the harshest (and funniest) of tweets are highlighted below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR