NFL Star Tries Out for Gilbert Gottfried’s Aflac Duck Job
More than 1,000 people have sent in audition videos.
More than 1,000 people have sent in audition videos to replace Gilbert Gottfried as the Aflac insurance duck.
Among those are comedian Weird Al Yankovic and Dhani Jones, a linebacker for the Cincinnati Bengals, according to the Wall Street Journal. UPDATE: Yankovic says it's "not true" he auditioned for the job.
Jones has said he’s anticipating a potential NFL strike, so he's looking for a second job. He's taken his campaign to Twitter and Facebook.
The insurance company says a 93-year-old woman also auditioned.
More than 10,000 people visited the site 24 hours after it announced the contest, and 18,500 viewed the job posting on Monster.com, according to the Journal.
Gottfried was fired after making insensitive jokes on Twitter about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. He had voiced the duck for 10 years.
The deadline is midnight PT on April 1. Finalists will be have a follow-up audition in person or via satellite in New York City. Aflac will also begin live auditions in six cities on Thursday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"