NFL Star Tries Out for Gilbert Gottfried’s Aflac Duck Job
More than 1,000 people have sent in audition videos.
More than 1,000 people have sent in audition videos to replace Gilbert Gottfried as the Aflac insurance duck.
Among those are comedian Weird Al Yankovic and Dhani Jones, a linebacker for the Cincinnati Bengals, according to the Wall Street Journal. UPDATE: Yankovic says it's "not true" he auditioned for the job.
Jones has said he’s anticipating a potential NFL strike, so he's looking for a second job. He's taken his campaign to Twitter and Facebook.
The insurance company says a 93-year-old woman also auditioned.
More than 10,000 people visited the site 24 hours after it announced the contest, and 18,500 viewed the job posting on Monster.com, according to the Journal.
Gottfried was fired after making insensitive jokes on Twitter about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. He had voiced the duck for 10 years.
The deadline is midnight PT on April 1. Finalists will be have a follow-up audition in person or via satellite in New York City. Aflac will also begin live auditions in six cities on Thursday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!
- Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson Take Flight to Start 'Captain America' Press Tour!
- Eva Longoria Celebrates 39th Birthday at 'Ocean Drive' Cover Party!