NFL Strikes Video Deal With Twitter
Users will be able to access game footage and customized clips via the league's first deal with a social platform.
The NFL has struck a deal to deliver game footage and customized video packages to fans through Twitter in its first partnership with a social platform, the league announced.
Starting Thursday, Twitter users will be able to access uniquely packaged, seven-day-a-week NFL content on Twitter, including highlights from Thursday night games, other game footage and customized video packages with news, analysis, fantasy football advice and voting platforms.
“Partnering with Twitter provides the NFL with a unique vehicle to reach millions of highly engaged fans in an environment which will allow trusted partners and sponsors to align with our brand,” NFL Media's COO, Brian Rolapp, said in a statement. “With consumption habits shifting to mobile devices and companion experiences alongside broadcasts of our games, this partnership will provide us an additional channel to reach those users which is completely complementary to our flagship mobile product, NFL Mobile from Verizon.”
The program will have multiple premiere sponsors including an exclusive sponsorship during the Super Bowl.
“The NFL brand is more than just the premiere sports league in the world, it is creating content that is extremely popular and widely consumed,” Twitter's president of global revenue, Adam Bain, added. “This partnership brings the best of the NFL to fans on our platform, and allows them to connect and share around their passion for football. The NFL has always been at the forefront of media innovation and this is the next step in that evolution. Having access to this type of highly coveted content on Twitter will not only offer our users a unique programming schedule which will deepen their engagement with our platform but will also provide our sponsors with a value proposition that few other partners can bring to the table.”
The strategic partnership is part of Twitter's Amplify program.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)