Nick Cannon Recovering From Surgery After Kidney Failure
His wife, Mariah Carey, tweeted that she hopes he’ll be discharged by Sunday.
Nick Cannon is recovering from surgery in Los Angeles after suffering from acute renal failure. His wife, singer Mariah Carey, told the world via tweet that her husband is going well, and they hope he will be discharged by Sunday.
“Nick is in stable condition with a good prognosis, hopefully he'll be discharged within 2 days. As always he's laughing and in good spirits,” Carey wrote. She also tweeted a photo of herself giving Cannon a kiss in the hospital room, surrounded by balloons and flowers.
The America’s Got Talent host was vacationing in Aspen, Colorado, when he fell ill on Tuesday. He was diagnosed with acute renal failure and transferred to a Los Angeles hospital on Thursday.
No specifics on what type of surgery Cannon underwent have been revealed, but the actor tweeted himself that his was awake during the whole procedure on Friday.
After Cannon was hospitalized, Carey also took to her personal website to discuss the situation, writing "We're doing OK but we're "straaaaaanded in Aspen". #DramaticDivaPlace (I know, we could be in a lot worse places) but the truth is as long as we're together, we're OK."
The singer also pointed out that Cannon had been with her during her hospital stay in May 2011 when she gave birth to the couple's twin son and daughter, Moroccan and Monroe.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR