Nickelodeon Latin America Producing Tween Novela '11 11' (Exclusive)
Viacom-owned brands, including MTV Latin America and Tr3s, are producing two new novelas targeting Spanish-speaking youth.
MEXICO CITY -- Nickelodeon Latin America has ordered 75 episodes of the tween telenovela 11 11, En Mi Cuadra Nada Cuadra from Miami-based indie producer Somos Productions.
Based on an original idea by Peruvian helmer Luis Llosa, who has directed such Hollywood films as Anaconda and The Specialist, the Spanish-language novela will have its pan-regional premiere this fall and it will be adapted to Portuguese for Nickelodeon Brazil. The one-hour episodes will be shot on location in Miami in high definition.
Producer/distributor Somos has acquired worldwide rights to the novela, which centers on a teen boy who has the ability while asleep to become a 20-year-old version of himself. The official announcement will come Wednesday at the L.A. Screenings.
Nickelodeon Latin America's most recent production, the teen novela Grachi, has sold to 52 markets and has had two CD launches and a live theatrical show. Tatiana Rodriguez, Nick Latin America's senior vice president of programming, is betting on 11 11 to become the next big hit.
Nick sister companies MTV Latin America and Tr3s also have a new teen novela in the works called Ultimo Año, a psychological thriller co-produced with Mexican shingle Argos. The 70-episode series addresses topical adolescent issues, including contraception, peer pressure and bullying.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR