Nick orders 'Monsters vs. Aliens' pilot
'Scared Shrekless' to NBC for Halloween
NEW YORK -- Nickelodeon has ordered a pilot from DreamWorks Animation for a series based on the firm's recent "Monsters vs. Aliens" movie, DWA CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg said Tuesday.
He mentioned the pilot order at the 37th Annual J. P. Morgan Technology, Media and Telecom Conference in Boston in an appearance that was Webcast.
DWA and Nick last week announced a deal on the co-production of "Kung Fu Panda: The Series" based on last year's DWA hit. The two also collaborate on the successful "The Penguins of Madagascar," for which, Katzenberg said Tuesday, the partners will launch an aggressive licensing campaign early next year. He said that TV hits make for some of the best licensing opportunities in the industry these days because they aren't event-driven
He predicted DWA's annual TV business could bring in annual revenue of $40 million-$60 million and grow from there.
For 2010, DWA had previously already announced "Kung Fu Panda" and "Shrek" TV specials. On Tuesday, Katzenberg confirmed that they were both for NBC. What now has the title "Scared Shrekless" will be a Halloween special, followed by a "Kung Fu Panda" holiday special.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game