Nickelback Fires Back at Haters on Twitter
The band, arguably the world's most hated, is on a tear of dishing out sarcastic responses to their most vocal online critics.
People love to hate Nickelback, as if the Canadian rock group's continued popularity was somehow an affront to humanity.
The band -- whose success is inexplicable and infuriating, according to their haters -- is apparently fed up with the criticism. So they've begun to take action on Twitter, responding to mean tweets with chirpy abandon. The goal, it seems, is to infuriate anti-Nickelback critics even further.
Sample tweet No. 1: "Was driving down the street, and a @Nickelback song came on. I had an aneurism and violently shit myself at the same time. And my dog died."
Nickelback's response: "I bet it was the best day you've had in awhile. #yourwelcome."
Sample tweet No. 2: "My stereo turned itself back on again, to nickelback AGAIN. DOES IT KNOW I F-----G HATE THEM WITH A FIREY BURING [sic] PASSION?"
Nickelback's response: "that makes your stereo excellent. Enjoy the flames."
Sample tweet No. 3: "Nickelback came on the radio... Worse than rebecca black #earsbleeding."
Nickelback's response: "then it's working?!?!? Sweet!"
The band, whose latest album Here and Now ranked No. 9 on Billboard's 200 last week, has long had a target on its back. Last Thanksgiving, frontman Chad Kroeger and company performed during half time at the Detroit Lions' football game -- even though some 50,000 fans of the team had signed a petition to get the group boycotted from the field. And in a recent Rolling Stone article, Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney lamented Nickelback's very existence, sniping: "Rock & roll is dying because people became OK with Nickelback being the biggest band in the world. So they became OK with the idea that the biggest rock band in the world is always going to be s--t – therefore you should never try to be the biggest rock band in the world."
To which Nickelback responded (via tweet, naturally): "Thanks to the drummer in the Black Keys calling us the Biggest Band in the World in Rolling Stone. Hehe."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)