Nickelodeon Greenlights 'How to Rock' to Series
The live-action comedy stars Cymphonique Miller and will feature original music.
Nickelodeon has greenlit How to Rock, starring Cymphonique Miller, to series.
How to Rock, a live-action comedy series that will feature original music, centers on Kacey Simon (Miller), a talented teenager who takes her pop/hip-hop band Gravity to new heights as its lead singer.
The network has ordered 20 episodes for the first season.
Produced by Nickelodeon in association with Alloy Entertainment, production is set to begin this summer in Los Angeles.
Lulu Antariksa, Max Schneider, Noah Crawford, Samantha Boscarino and Halston Sage also star.
The pilot was penned by Jim O’Doherty (Grounded for Life) based on the upcoming Alloy book How to Rock Braces and Glasses by Meg Haston. David M. Israel (Grounded for Life) will executive produce. Alloy Entertainment’s Leslie Morgenstein (Pretty Little Liars) and Gina Girolamo (The Lying Game) also exec produce.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack