Nickelodeon Star Lucas Cruikshank Comes Out in YouTube Video
The "Fred" actor, in a Q&A session with pal Jennifer Veal, says that his friends and family have known for three years.
Nickelodeon star Lucas Cruikshank, known for playing the titular character on the network's Fred, on Tuesday told the world that he's gay in a video posted to YouTube.
Answering a series of questions alongside actress pal Jennifer Veal, Cruikshank, 19, told fans, "I'm gay."
Exploding into a fit of giggles, the actor said, "It feels so weird saying it on camera."
Cruikshank said that his friends and family have known about his sexual orientation for three years, but "I just haven't felt the need to announce it on the Internet."
Cruikshank became a YouTube phenom by creating on online video series surrounding his character of Fred Figglehorn. The YouTube channel proved to be so successful, that Nickelodeon brought it to the airwaves with a TV movie and subsequent franchise. Cruikshank has also appeared in episodes of Hannah Montana, iCarly and Big Time Rush.
Watch his coming out video, below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)