Nickelodeon's 'SpongeBob SquarePants' Renewed for Ninth Season
The order pushes the popular animated children’s program to more than 200 episodes.
SpongeBob SquarePants has been renewed for a ninth season.
Nickelodeon, which airs the popular animated children’s television program, has ordered 26 episodes, which also includes the series’ 200th episode. Season 9 is scheduled to air in 2012.
“SpongeBob’s success in reaching over 200 episodes is a testament to creator Stephen Hillenburg’s vision, comedic sensibility and his dynamic, lovable characters,” said Brown Johnson, president of animation for Nickelodeon and MTVN Kids and Family Group.
SpongeBob has been the No. 1 animated series for kids 2-11 for 10 straight years.
Hillenburg also executive produces the series with Paul Tibbitt and has worked on the network’s Rocko’s Modern Life.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR