Nicki Minaj Reveals Valentine's Day Release Date for Sophomore Album
The rapper clarifies that “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded” is not a re-release and will contain all new tracks.
One year after releasing her highly anticipated studio debut, Nicki Minaj informed fans of when they can expect her sophomore effort.
Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded will drop on Feb. 14 – Valentine’s day – of 2012. Though the name Pink Friday implies a reissue, both Minaj and Cash Money co-CEO Birdman assure fans that the album will contain all new tracks.
Minaj used Twitter to announce the good news shortly after Birdman disclosed a “first quarter” release in an interview with Billboard.com.
“I’m announcing the name and date today,” she told fans on Nov. 22. “Pink Friday: ROMAN RELOADED will be released on Valentine’s Day, 2012. Heeeee's baaaacccckkkkk.”
Roman is one of the many creative alter ego’s used by Minaj in the studio and on stage. The rapper’s male second self is prominently featured on the Pink Friday track “Roman’s Revenge” featuring Eminem.
In the early hours of Nov. 23, Minaj also informed fans that she had just wrapped the video for “Turn Me On,” which she performed live at the 2011 American Music Awards. “You’ll love it,” she promised fans with a wink.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR