Nicki Minaj Cancels U.K. Concerts Due to Vocal Cord Damage
The rapper-singer will rest her voice for the next several days.
Nicki Minaj has pulled the plug on her concerts in the U.K. this weekend because of vocal cord damage.
In a statement to THR, the rapper-singer's publicist said she "regretfully cancelled" her shows at the V Festival in England on Saturday and Sunday "due to strained vocal cords."
Minaj's rep adds that, "Despite doctor's orders, she performed on a bruised vocal chord in (New York City) on August 14. As a result, the chord has gotten worse."
Following an X-ray, a doctor has advises Minaj to rest her voice for the next several days.
On Tuesday, the pop star performed a two-hour concert at New York's Roseland Ballroom, her first official headlining concert in the Big Apple. The show was part of her Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded World Tour and featured assists from Foxy Brown, Drake and Lil Wayne.
Meanwhile, Minaj remains at the top of the list for the open seat on the judges' panel for season 12 of American Idol. According to a source with close ties to the Fox competition, a war is brewing between rivals Coke and Pepsi: Minaj is the new face of Pepsi, an endorsement deal that includes commercials along with touring and album promo, and longtime Idol sponsor Coke is none too thrilled at the prospect of her joining Idol.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR