Nicki Minaj to Star in E! Reality Series (Report)
The "American Idol" judge is purportedly following in the fame-loving footsteps of Kim Kardashian.
Over at E!, there is no shortage of celebrity-focused reality series: the Kardashians have several, and it's only a matter of time before 2-year-old Kardash-ling Mason Disick gets a spin-off. (You know Kris Jenner has thought about it.) The entertainment channel has also launched shows with the Jonas Brothers and Dina Eastwood, the slightly loopy wife of Clint.
So news that Nicki Minaj, who is slightly loopy herself (at least in public, with her multiple stage alter egos), might get her own E! show isn't exactly surprising. Gossip blogger Perez Hilton claims to have the exclusive that Minaj, 29, has a project in the works with the network, citing sources close to the "Starships" singer and new American Idol judge.
Reps for E! and Minaj did not immediately respond to THR's requests for comment.
Minaj started her stint on the Idol judges' panel last week when season-12 auditions launched in New York. The Fox competition's longtime host, Ryan Seacrest, produces E!'s Keeping Up With the Kardashians and its spin-offs, among other series.
The fame-baiting rap-provocateur, who recently touted Mitt Romney for president until she revealed herself to be a Barack Obama supporter, won Best Female Video at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards. She will re-release her album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded in November.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'