Grammys 2012: Nicki Minaj Teams With Lady Gaga's Former Creative Director Laurieann Gibson for Performance
The choreographer, who has previously worked with Michael Jackson and Beyonce, teases the collaboration as “exciting and huge!”
When Nicki Minaj takes the stage on music’s biggest night, she’ll have choreography mastermind Laurieann Gibson behind her.
Gibson and Minaj will reteam once again, after the duo previously worked together on the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards, for the Grammy Awards where the rapper is expected to debut her new song, “Roman Holiday.”
“While there’s nothing I can ‘confess’ hint hint, I can say it will be exciting and huge!” teases Gibson.
Gibson was nominated for an Emmy Award for her work on Lady Gaga’s Monster Ball Tour, before she and Mother Monster ended their relationship due to “creative differences.” Other high-profile clients have included Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Keri Hilson, Diddy, Alicia Keys and Beyonce.
Minaj’s performance is reported to be reminiscent of Gaga’s VMA performance, also choreographed by Gibson, in which she appeared as her male alter ego Joe Caldrone. According to the LA Times, Minaj will show up as alter ego Roman Zolanski for the show, where she is nominated for three trophies.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills