Grammys 2012: Nicki Minaj Teams With Lady Gaga's Former Creative Director Laurieann Gibson for Performance
The choreographer, who has previously worked with Michael Jackson and Beyonce, teases the collaboration as “exciting and huge!”
When Nicki Minaj takes the stage on music’s biggest night, she’ll have choreography mastermind Laurieann Gibson behind her.
Gibson and Minaj will reteam once again, after the duo previously worked together on the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards, for the Grammy Awards where the rapper is expected to debut her new song, “Roman Holiday.”
“While there’s nothing I can ‘confess’ hint hint, I can say it will be exciting and huge!” teases Gibson.
Gibson was nominated for an Emmy Award for her work on Lady Gaga’s Monster Ball Tour, before she and Mother Monster ended their relationship due to “creative differences.” Other high-profile clients have included Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Keri Hilson, Diddy, Alicia Keys and Beyonce.
Minaj’s performance is reported to be reminiscent of Gaga’s VMA performance, also choreographed by Gibson, in which she appeared as her male alter ego Joe Caldrone. According to the LA Times, Minaj will show up as alter ego Roman Zolanski for the show, where she is nominated for three trophies.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera