Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry Join Grammy Nominations Concert
Valerie Simpson and Mike Stoller will also take the stage with Usher to pay tribute to songwriters.
Ashford and Simpson member Valerie Simpson and Grammy-winning songwriting duo Geiber & Stoller's Mike Stoller will join Usher in paying tribute to songwriters at this year's Grammy nominations concert, taking place Wednesday, Nov. 30 at the Nokia Theatre and airing on CBS from 10-11 p.m.
Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry, who will be hosting Saturday Night Live in December, have also joined as the first presenters for the one-hour special. Nominations will be announced in numerous categories and feature performances by past Grammy winners and nominees.
Other previously announced performers include Jason Aldean, Lady Gaga, Ludacris, Lupe Fiasco, Rihanna, Sugarland and The Band Perry. LL Cool J, currently starring on CBS' NCIS: LA, is set to host.
Additionally, the nominations concert will feature a live announcement from a group regarding their band reunion taking place at the 54th annual Grammy Awards. THR reported earlier this month that the band in question could be Van Halen, citing a not-so-cryptic tweet that was sent out Nov. 3 on the Grammys official Twitter account that read: "Who do u predict the reuniting band will be @ #GRAMMYnoms? Does this hint make u wanna “Jump” & “Dance the Night Away”?"
Additional performers and presenters will be announced shortly.
The Grammys take place Feb. 12, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR