Nicki Minaj Makes Film Debut in Cameron Diaz's 'The Other Woman'
The cast already includes Leslie Mann, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Kate Upton.
Nicki Minaj is in final negotiations to make her live-action movie debut, joining the cast of Fox’s revenge comedy The Other Woman.
Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Kate Upton are on the roll call.
Nick Cassavetes is directing the comedy, which centers on a woman (Diaz) who finds out that she is “the other woman” in an affair. She teams up with the wife (Mann) to get revenge on the cheating cad of a husband, being played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
(Upton is another one of Coster-Waldau’s mistresses who ends up joining the other two in the revenge scheme.)
Minaj will play Diaz's opinionated assistant -- a woman on her third marriage -- at a law firm.
The singer currently appears on American Idol as one of the judges and has voiced a character in Fox’s Ice Age: Continental Drift.
Julie Yorn is producing the project, which was written by Melissa Stack and will shoot in late spring/early summer in New York.
Minaj is repped by Gee Roberson and Brian Sher.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR