Nicki Minaj Performs 'Super Bass' With YouTube Star Sophia Grace (Video)
The rapper stopped by the Ellen DeGeneres Show on Tuesday to surprise her pint-sized super fan.
After announcing the nominations for the 2011 American Music Awards with Pitbull yesterday (Oct. 11), Nicki Minaj stopped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show to surprise budding YouTube stars Sophia Grace Brownlee, age 8, and her cousin, Rosie, age 5.
Nicki Minaj said Sophia and Rosie's YouTube performance of her Hot 100 top 5 hit "Super Bass" "blew her away." "Within five seconds of seeing this video I was calling everyone I knew, and I was also receiving a billion emails. Everyone was like, 'you have to see this little girl,'" Minaj told DeGeneres. Watch the girls' stunning original video below.
Sophia Grace joins the small group of female singers (Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez) who have performed killer renditions of "Super Bass." After stopping by Swift's "Speak Now" tour to perform her hit with the Billboard Woman of the Year, Nicki credited the success of "Super Bass" to T-Swift. "I want to publicly say again that Taylor Swift really launched that single into another stratosphere, with just tweeting about it and rapping it and stuff," she said. "I performed it with Taylor, and she's so cute, and she's like a big bowl of ice cream!"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR