Nicki Minaj in Talks to Join Britney Spears Tour
The singer, who is currently on the road with Lil Wayne, is in discussions.
NASHVILLE -- Sources say that Nicki Minaj is in discussions -- but not confirmed -- to support Britney Spears on the latter's upcoming tour after Enrique Iglesias abruptly pulled out hours after the tour was announced.
Minaj is currently on the road with Lil Wayne on his I Am Still Music tour. Spears' tour begins June 17 in Sacramento. Tour promoter Live Nation and representatives for Minaj could not be reached for comment.
Hours after a Spears-Iglesias tour was announced on Tuesday, Iglesias pulled out of the summer trek, reportedly due to money and the perception that Iglesias would be opening for Spears instead of co-headlining the tour with her.
Although Spears has expressed interest in adding Usher to the tour, the R&B star is highly unlikely to join the trek, as he is managed by Randy Phillips who also helms AEG Live, producers of Spears' last tour and very competitive with current promoter Live Nation.
Femme Fatale, Spears' seventh album that was released on Tuesday and is expected to reach No. 1 on next week's Billboard 200. Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj's debut album, Pink Friday, has moved 1.3 million copies since its November release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Stay tuned for more details as they become available.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR