Nicolas Cage Arrested for Domestic Abuse
The actor is being held on $11,000 bond in New Orleans.
Nicolas Cage was arrested early Saturday morning in New Orleans, police records show. See his mugshot on TMZ.com, which first reported the story.
He was charged with domestic abuse - battery and disturbing the peace at 6:33 a.m.
He was released around 2 p.m. ET Saturday.
TMZ reports that an inebriated Cage was arguing with his wife, Alice, loudly in the streets when a cabdriver spotted him and called police, claiming that he had grabed her. Once police arrived, Cage dared them to cuff him, yelling, "Why don't you just arrest me?"
When police encouraged him to call it a night, according to TMZ, Cage once again dared police to arrest him -- and he was taken into custody.
Alice will not press charges, and says there was no physical contact, according to the site.
Bond has been set for $11,000.
He's in town filming.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!