Nicolas Cage Arrested for Domestic Abuse
The actor is being held on $11,000 bond in New Orleans.
Nicolas Cage was arrested early Saturday morning in New Orleans, police records show. See his mugshot on TMZ.com, which first reported the story.
He was charged with domestic abuse - battery and disturbing the peace at 6:33 a.m.
He was released around 2 p.m. ET Saturday.
TMZ reports that an inebriated Cage was arguing with his wife, Alice, loudly in the streets when a cabdriver spotted him and called police, claiming that he had grabed her. Once police arrived, Cage dared them to cuff him, yelling, "Why don't you just arrest me?"
When police encouraged him to call it a night, according to TMZ, Cage once again dared police to arrest him -- and he was taken into custody.
Alice will not press charges, and says there was no physical contact, according to the site.
Bond has been set for $11,000.
He's in town filming.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR