Nicolas Cage to Attend Italy's Giffoni Festival for Young Film Lovers
The 42-year-old Giffoni event will also host the Italian premiere of the latest "Ice Age" film, along with actress Jessica Alba and folk singer Patti Smith.
ROME – Actor Nicolas Cage has been added to the guest list at the 42nd edition of the Giffoni Film Festival, organizers announced Tuesday.
Cage will be awarded the festival’s Prize Truffaut honor and will discuss filmmaking with the young attendees at Giffoni, the world’s largest film festival aimed at young viewers.
By confirming his presence at the July 14-24 festival, Cage joins folk singer Patti Smith and actress Jessica Alba on Giffoni’s guest list. Other highlights at th efestuval include the Italian premieres of Ice Age: Dawn of Dinosaurs, the third installment in the popular Ice Age franchise.
The festival, which overcame reported financial difficulties earlier in the year, takes place in the picturesque village of Giffoni Valle Piana, around 50 miles east of the southern Italian city of Naples.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'