Nicolas Cage Loses $9.5 Million on Rhode Island Mansion
4:09 PM PDT 4/20/2011 by THR staff
His home goes for $6.5 million — less than half of what he paid for it a few years ago.
More bad news for Nic Cage.The actor — who was charged with domestic abuse and disturbing the peace last weekend in New Orleans — has sold his mansion in Middleton, Rhode Island, for $6.5 million — less than half of what he paid for it. Cage purchased the home in 2007 for $15.9 million. It went on the market a year later, as the actor reportedly owed about $128,000 in unpaid taxes (Cage has blamed his financial woes on a former accountant he says duped him). Meanwhile, the actor returned to work on the latest action flick Medallion this week. Executive producer Avi Lerner told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement: "This is our fifth film with Nic Cage. He is a gifted actor and consummate professional.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting