Nicolas Winding Refn’s 'Pusher' Remake Announces Cast
London-based remake to be directed by Luis Prieto.
LONDON – The English language remake of Nicolas Winding Refn’s Pusher, directed by Luis Prieto and exec produced by Refn himself, has attracted model and actress Agyness Deyn, Richard Coyle, Bronson Webb and Paul Kaye to star.
Refn’s original drug thriller pushed the Danish director into the spotlight in 1996 and the English-language remake has long been in the works.
Backed by U.K. production and finance label Vertigo Films and Embargo Films, the remake is scheduled to shoot in the British capital next week.
Rupert Preston from Vertigo Films and Chris Simon and Felix Vossen from Embargo Films are producing. International sales are being handled by Gaumont International.
The English-language remake tells the story of a week in the life of a big time drug pusher in London whose life soon spins out of control.
Refn said: "Pusher was the film that launched my career and to have Luis Prieto direct the remake in London will be an exciting venture. It’s a classic tale with strong characters and has an engaging narrative. To see my characters, Frank and Tony in London, one of the most exciting and diverse cities in the world, is an opportunity not to be missed.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)