Nicole Holofcener: James Gandolfini Played 'Sexy,' 'Hilarious' Romantic Lead
Gandolfini's director in the upcoming film "Enough Said" says the actor "didn't believe" he could play a leading man, but ended up knocking the role out of the park.
This story first appeared in the July 19 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Jim played a love interest for Julia Louis-Dreyfus. He played a divorced dad who doted on his daughter and was crazy about Julia's character. He didn't believe he could play a romantic lead, even though everyone on the set thought he was sexy and hilarious. He was charming and self-effacing and incredibly talented. Not only did he pull off playing a leading man, his performance is subtle and moving and very, very lovely. I just can't believe it.
Read more tributes to Gandolfini below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR