Nielsen offers free PreView
The Nielsen Co. is set to introduce today a series of quarterly reports aimed at fostering community interaction online, beginning with a study examining the correlation between bloggers and the boxoffice.
While Nielsen PreView is launching with a film-centric report timed to this week's ShoWest, the new venture plans to coordinate with many of Nielsen's myriad research divisions to create market intelligence relevant to all aspects of the entertainment industry.
The research will be made available at NielsenPreview.com, where registration is available to the public or to paid members who can access additional information as well as make recommendations on future research topics.
"Nielsen's reputation of quality and substance combined with membership feedback make for a powerful and unique partnership," said Ann Marie Dumais, senior vp at Nielsen PreView.
PreView's first installment analyzed the boxoffice performance of 400 recent films, finding that titles grossing at least $100 million in sales are likely to have received elevated levels of attention on blogs. The study also examines other aspects of film-related research, including how 3-D distribution and PG ratings affect boxoffice performance.
Nielsen is the parent company of The Hollywood Reporter.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!