Nigel Lythgoe officially rejoins 'Idol'
Returning executive producer eyes 'more magic'
NEW YORK -- Fox made one thing official Thursday -- Nigel Lythgoe will return as an executive producer of "American Idol."
THR broke the news of his return last month.
He joins executive producers Simon Fuller, Cecile Frot-Coutaz and Ken Warwick for the 10th anniversary season that kicks off in January.
"Since we launched the original 'Pop Idol' in England, I've remained close with Simon Fuller," Lythgoe said who served as executive producer for the hit show's first seven years. "American Idol became a juggernaut of epic proportions, but to me it was always like home."
He added he was looking forward "to creating more magic."
"His unbridled passion has been missed," said creator and executive producer Fuller. "I felt it was an important time to collaborate with Nigel once again to help redefine American Idol and take us through to the next incarnation of the show."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR