Nigel Lythgoe's 'CMT's Next Superstar' Renewed for Second Season
Kristin Chenoweth set to perform during the competition’s Season 1 finale.
Nigel Lythgoe’s CMT’s Next Superstar has been renewed for a second season.
In addition, CMT announced that Kristin Chenoweth will perform during the music-competition series’ June 10 season finale. The Glee guest and star of ABC’s upcoming fall drama Good Christian Belles previously served as a mentor on an episode of the series, which features undiscovered country music singer-songwriters living together while competing for a record deal with Warner Bros. Records.
Superstar’s second season will bow late this year or early next year.
Superstar is executive produced by So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol’s Lythgoe and his son, Simon Lythgoe. Bob Kusbit, Brad Johnson and Melanie Moreau exec produce.
The hourlong Season 1 finale airs June 10 at 9 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR