Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi Granted Preliminary Divorce
The couple separated after photos emerged of him grasping her throat during an argument.
LONDON — Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson and art baron Charles Saatchi have taken the first legal step toward finalizing the end of their marriage.
In a hearing at London's High Court lasting less than a minute, District Judge Anne Aitken granted the couple a decree nisi — the first of two stages of divorce.
The divorce of 70-year-old Saatchi and 53-year-old Lawson can become final after six weeks and a day, with the granting of a decree absolute.
The couple separated after a newspaper published photos last month of Saatchi grasping his wife's throat during an argument at a London restaurant.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR