'Nikita' Producer Inks Overall Deal at 20th Television, Joins 'Sleepy Hollow'
As part of the pact, Albert Kim will become a co-executive producer on the second season of Fox's breakout drama.
Nikita writer-producer Albert Kim is setting up shop at 20th Century Fox Television.
Under a new two-year overall pact, Kim will serve as co-executive producer on the studio's breakout drama Sleepy Hollow in the second season as well as develop future projects. Additionally, Kim will consult on Fox's ambitious 13-episode ancient Egypt series, Hieroglyph.
"[Albert's voice] is just so specific and original and he writes with such passion. When we get our sights set on someone like that we're pretty relentless, in terms of letting a guy like this go somewhere else," Jonnie Davis, the newly elevated president of creative affairs at 20th TV, tells THR.
It was Kim's "body of work over the years," adds Davis, that made him appealing to 20th Television, which counts Modern Family, New Girl, Bones, Glee, The Crazy Ones and Sons of Anarchy in its portfolio. Though Kim's experience lies primarily in scripted drama, Davis is leaving the door open on the development side, pounding home the point that it's "his voice that is the big attraction," not the genre.
Kim most recently was co-executive producer on The CW's Nikita, where he had been on staff for the entirety of the show's four-season run. He started as a co-producer during the first season in 2010, before moving up through the ranks as the series went on. During that tenure, he penned several pivotal episodes, including the December 2013 series finale "Canceled." Earlier this development season, he had a legal thriller project set up at The CW with executive producer Eva Longoria.
A former journalist for Entertainment Weekly, Sports Illustrated and People, Kim cut his teeth as an executive producer on ESPN2's half-hour daily show ESPN Hollywood from 2005-06, which focused on the intersection of sports and entertainment. From there, he moved into scripted television as a writer on FX's Courteney Cox drama Dirt and TNT's Leverage, where he also was executive story editor, for the first three seasons.
Kim is repped by ICM Partners.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!