Nintendo's 'Pokemon' Games Break All-Time U.S. Sales Records
The two new Nintendo DS titles sell 1.08 million copies in the first 24 hours.
Originally launched in the U.S. in 1998, Nintendo's Pokemon video game franchise shows no signs of slowing down, even if the Hollywood films ended their box-office run in 2003. The two new Nintendo DS games, Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version, sold 1.08 million copies in the U.S. on March 6. That shatters the U.S. one-day record for the franchise, which was 780,000 held by 2007's Pokemon Diamond Version and Pokemon Pearl Version games.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR