Nirvana Fans Offered Free Tattoos in Celebration of 'In Utero' 20th Anniversary
Diehards in Long Beach, West Babylon and Seattle can get inked with the band's iconic smiley face logo on Sept. 24.
It's been 20 years since Nirvana released In Utero, their third and final album, and diehard fans can use the anniversary to prove their devotion to Kurt Cobain and Co.
With the purchase of the Live And Loud concert DVD or one of the new, multi-format In Utero releases, out Sept. 24, fans in three U.S. cities can get a free tattoo of the band's iconic smiley face logo. The very-real ink is being offered at Fingerprints in Long Beach, Calif.; Looney Tunes in West Babylon, NY; and Silver Platters in Seattle, Wash.
The 20th anniversary edition multi-format release includes the re-mastered album, new 2013 mix, recently unearthed "Forgotten Tune," never-before-heard "Heart-Shaped Box" and "All Apologies" mixes and the 1990 "Marigold" demo. The Live And Loud DVD features a full concert performance from Dec. 1993.
Before getting all excited about the new ink, there are a few ground rules: Tattoos are only available in black and for those 21 and over. And if you were thinking of getting tattooed on an explicit body part, think again.
Tatts will be available on Tuesday, Sept. 24, for eight hours on a first come, first serve basis.
So, what have you done for your favorite band lately?
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR