'Nitro Circus' Movie to See Wider Release With Cinedigm-ARC Partnership
The first movie from MTV's action sports collective will open in more than 700 theaters on Aug. 8.
Cinedigm Entertainment Group is joining with distributor ARC Entertainment to bolster the theatrical release of Nitro Circus The Movie 3D in 700 to 1,000 theaters beginning Aug. 8.
This is the first movie for Nitro Circus, an "action sports collective" -- Imagine a cross between Jackass and Cirque du Sole -- that's had a series on MTV 2 since 2009. The film, shot in 3D, is said to include such stunts as a “somersault across skyscrapers,” as they, “gleefully morph their bodies into human torpedoes and generally aim to have more fearless fun than anyone else on the planet.”
“The filmmakers provide moviegoers with a groundbreaking experience in 3D cinema that puts the audience in the shotgun seat with The Crew as they pilot motorcycles, rally cars, parachutes, mountain bikes, monster trucks and more,” read a Tuesday announcement.
“ARC Entertainment is the perfect partner to utilize our theatrical distribution expertise and TDS software to manage their film releases," said Brad Carroll, vice president of theatrical distribution at Cinedigm, a division of Cinedigm Digital Corp). “With ARC's preexisting relationships, the two companies together form a powerful and efficient distribution machine.”
ARC will utilize Cinedigm’s resources to supplement the theatrical release as well as Cinedigm’s TDS Software, which helps track all the bookings in theaters.
“Cinedigm has emerged as a true 21st century company within the entertainment industry,” said ARC Entertainment CEO Trevor Drinkwater.
This is the tenthh movie the two companies have partnered on in the past year or so. Others have included the Sarah Palin movie The Undefeated.
Nitro Circus was created by Gregg Godfrey and Jeremy Rawle, both are credited as co-directors of the movie, along with Jeff Tremaine, Travis Pastrana, Johnny Knoxville and Trip Taylor.
Nitro Circus, featuring Pastrana, has also spawned an ongoing series of live world tours which backers say have earned more than $30 million since 2010. They reportedly have sold more than one million DVDs worldwide, and rank as best selling action sports franchise of all time.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)