No more 'Order' for Martin
UPDATED 3:09 p.m. PT Feb. 20
"Law & Order" veteran Jesse L. Martin is expected to leave the long-running NBC drama after nine years.
Anthony Anderson is in final negotiations to come on board and fill the void left by Martin's departure. Anderson will play a new detective partnered with Jeremy Sisto's Cyrus Lupo.
Martin will film one more episode of the Wolf Films/Universal Media Studios series, in which his character, Detective Ed Green, will be written off, sources said.
The actor had signed on to do the first 13 episodes this season with an option for more.
Martin, who recently wrapped the feature "Peter and Vandy," next is set to portray Marvin Gaye in the biopic "Sexual Healing," which is expected to begin production in late April or early May. He is repped by Endeavor and manager Bob McGowan.
"Law & Order" continues Anderson's streak of dramatic roles that includes FX's "The Shield," the Oscar-winning "The Departed" and, most recently, on Fox's gritty cop drama "K-Ville," for which he landed an Image Award nomination.
He is repped by CAA and Principato-Young.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR