No 'Tonight' deal done for Leno ... yet
NBC denies pact, but sources say it will happen
Is Jay Leno the new (old) host of "The Tonight Show"?
A TMZ report on Thursday claimed NBC and the talk-show host have worked out an agreement that restores "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" to run from 11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m.
While NBC denied the report midday, sources within the network emerged later in the afternoon suggesting that while a pact between Leno and NBC might not have been finalized, he is fully expected to host an hourlong late-night show at 11:35 p.m., presumably called "The Tonight Show," now that Conan O'Brien refused to host a time-shifted "Tonight" at 12:05 a.m.
A deal between Leno and NBC would mean that O'Brien's days as the host of "The Tonight Show" are indeed numbered.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR