Noah Segal Leaves Entertainment One to Launch Toy Boat Pictures
His departure is the latest after the Canadian indie giant acquired rival Alliance Films to bolster its movie distribution business.
TORONTO -- Veteran film exec Noah Segal is stepping down as co-president of Entertainment One's Canadian distribution business to launch his own production shingle.
Segal, co-president of eOne Films Canada, joined the company earlier this year after Alliance Films, where he was executive vp, was acquired by Entertainment One.
Now, he's leaving effective Aug. 30 to launch Toy Boat Pictures.
Segal's departure leaves eOne Films Canada in the hands of longtime Entertainment One exec Bryan Gliserman.
"We want to thank Noah for his leadership and his countless contributions. We also look forward to many future successes together," said David Reckziegel, president of eOne Films North America, in a statement Wednesday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR