Noel Gallagher: Celebrities 'Bastardize' Twitter
"Anything that’s of any use, famous people get hold of it and take it for themselves," the former Oasis guitarist said in an interview.
Former Oasis lead guitarist Noel Gallagher is not a fan of Twitter. But it’s not Twitter’s fault. He blames Hollywood.
“I’m not a tweeter” Gallagher said in an interview with Yahoo.
“I think those things like Facebook and twitter and stuff were started with the best of intentions to connect ordinary people around the world,” he said. “But as with everything celebrities get involved and bastardize it, trying to sell you their s--t.”
“Anything that’s of any use famous people get hold of it and take it for themselves and it gets a bad rap,” Gallgher continued. “I’m like sitting here and thinking I hate twitter and I don’t know why.”
It may be best that Gallagher doesn’t use Twitter because the musician has been involved in an ongoing spat with his brother and former Oasis member Liam Gallagher. Liam does use Twitter, but keeps his Tweets simple and drama free.
Liam Gallagher recently said that he is suing Noel for saying his hangover forced the Brit rockers to cancel a concert. Noel left the band in 2009.
Noel, who made clear in the interview that he is not currently talking to his brother, is currently doing press for his debut solo album, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, which will release on October 18.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR