NonStop Takes ‘Magic Mike’ for Scandinavia
Swedish distributor acquires Steven Soderbergh’s male stripper drama for Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
COLOGNE, Germany – Swedish-based distributor NonStop Entertainment has snatched rights to Steven Soderbergh’s male stripper drama Magic Mike for Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
The film, which features Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum as erotic dancers, has been a major hit in the U.S., where it has earned more than $75 million for Warner Bros.
NonStop signed the multi-territory deal for Magic Mike with Nordic rights holder Selmer Media. NonStop plans to bow the film this year as part of its 2012 slate, which also includes Wes Anderson’s Cannes Film Festival opener Moonrise Kingdom and Sundance winner Beasts of the Southern Wild from director Benh Zeitlin.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR