NonStop Takes ‘Magic Mike’ for Scandinavia
Swedish distributor acquires Steven Soderbergh’s male stripper drama for Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
COLOGNE, Germany – Swedish-based distributor NonStop Entertainment has snatched rights to Steven Soderbergh’s male stripper drama Magic Mike for Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
The film, which features Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum as erotic dancers, has been a major hit in the U.S., where it has earned more than $75 million for Warner Bros.
NonStop signed the multi-territory deal for Magic Mike with Nordic rights holder Selmer Media. NonStop plans to bow the film this year as part of its 2012 slate, which also includes Wes Anderson’s Cannes Film Festival opener Moonrise Kingdom and Sundance winner Beasts of the Southern Wild from director Benh Zeitlin.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party