Nora on Hollywood: In Her Own Words
At an American Film Institute talk in 1993, she described how Dawn Steel helped her get into directing, what to know about male auteurs and why she turned down the "Fatal Attraction" rewrite.
After When Harry Met Sally... was a hit, I was in a position to try and direct something. It had nothing to do with its being good or bad, it just made a lot of money. As Tom Hanks says: "You have a hit, every day is Christmas. You have a flop, every day is Vietnam."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR