Norah Jones to Sing 'Ted' Song at Oscars
5:21 PM PST 1/27/2013 by THR Staff
The multiple Grammy winner will perform the song by Oscar host Seth MacFarlane and Walter Murphy.
Norah Jones will perform the best original song nominee "Everybody Needs a Best Friend" from Ted during the Oscars, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said Sunday.
It will be the nine-time Grammy winner's first performance at an Academy Awards ceremony. Seth MacFarlane wrote the song's lyrics, and Walter Murphy composed the music.
"I had such a great time recording this song with Seth and was thrilled to find out that it was nominated for an Oscar,” Jones said in a release. “Getting to perform it at such a prestigious event, which my friend is hosting, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
MacFarlane will host the Oscars on Feb. 24 from the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood and Highland complex in Hollywood. ABC will air the ceremony live.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party