Norah Jones to Sing 'Ted' Song at Oscars
5:21 PM PST 1/27/2013 by THR Staff
The multiple Grammy winner will perform the song by Oscar host Seth MacFarlane and Walter Murphy.
Norah Jones will perform the best original song nominee "Everybody Needs a Best Friend" from Ted during the Oscars, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said Sunday.
It will be the nine-time Grammy winner's first performance at an Academy Awards ceremony. Seth MacFarlane wrote the song's lyrics, and Walter Murphy composed the music.
"I had such a great time recording this song with Seth and was thrilled to find out that it was nominated for an Oscar,” Jones said in a release. “Getting to perform it at such a prestigious event, which my friend is hosting, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
MacFarlane will host the Oscars on Feb. 24 from the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood and Highland complex in Hollywood. ABC will air the ceremony live.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR