CBS Promotes Noriko Gee to SVP, Program Planning and Scheduling
The 11-year veteran of the network will also oversee theatrical acquisitions and continue to contribute to The CW's lineup.
Noriko Gee has been upped to senior vice president of program planning and scheduling at CBS.
CBS Primetime EVP Kelly Kahl announced the move on Wednesday, noting that Gee will now schedule all of the network's primetime series, specials and movies -- while also overseeing theatrical acquisitions and contributing to sister network The CW's schedule.
Starting as a research intern in 2001, Gee has been with CBS for over a decade, first moving to scheduling in 2003 where she started as a coordinator before eventually being named VP in 2010.
“Noriko is one of the best scheduling minds in our business,” said Kahl. “From the placement of new series to key strategic moves of hit shows to grow nights, CBS has benefited greatly from her sharp programming acumen and instinctive analysis. We're excited to recognize her terrific work and expand her responsibilities in the company.”
Since becoming VP of scheduling, Gee has been involved in moving The Big Bang Theory from Monday to Thursday and shifting CSI to Wednesday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR