Norman Jewison on 'High Alert'
Canadian project inspired by 'Russians Are Coming'
TORONTO -- Norman Jewison is set to direct the $15 million political satire "High Alert," inspired by his 1966 feature "Russians Are Coming, Russians Are Coming."
Canadian broadcaster Corus Entertainment said Tuesday that it has provided development funding to the Canadian project, which will see Jewison team up with son and co-producer Michael Jewison ("The Hurricane").
Ed Riche and Rick Mercer are on board to pen the script, with Sandra Cunningham to produce.
No word on casting.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR