North Korea on Role in Sony Hack: "Wait and See"

When asked whether the country was involved in the cyber attack, a government spokesman refuses to deny its involvement

North Korea refuses to deny a role in the widespread cyber attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, BBC News reported on Tuesday.

When asked if North Korea was involved in the hack, a government spokesman told the BBC: "Wait and see."

Asked about the cyber attack, a spokesman for North Korea's U.N. mission told the U.K. news outlet, "The hostile forces are relating everything to the DPRK [North Korea]. I kindly advise you to just wait and see."

The FBI said on Tuesday that it is currently part of the investigation into the cyber attack.

Sony is reportedly looking into whether the studio was hacked in retaliation for its upcoming movie The Interview, a comedy starring Seth Rogen and James Franco as CIA recruits assigned with the task of assassinating North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.

Read moreSony's Top-Exec Salaries Allegedly Leaked in Wake of Cyber Attack

The film, due for release on Christmas, has drawn criticism from the North Korean government, which called it an "evil act of provocation" and an "undisguised sponsoring of terrorism" and asked the United Nations to block its release. A government website also threatened the filmmakers with "stern punishment."

Hackers last week published a number of unreleased Sony films online, but The Interview was not among them.

comments powered by Disqus