Norwegian format 'Never Ever Do This at Home' Headed to Canada
The Canadian Discovery Channel has ordered a local version of the science experiment series originally developed by Norway's NRK.
TORONTO – Norwegian broadcaster NRK’s format Never Ever Do This At Home is headed to Canada.
Discovery Channel Canada has inked a deal with distributor DRG for the first English-language version of the science-based series, to be produced locally by Insight Productions.
Thirteen half-hours of the series are to be made this Fall, to air on Discovery Channel Canada in early 2013.
The Canadian format of Never Ever Do This At Home will feature hosts test and challenge things around the home through experiments and stunts.
The Canadian deal comes out of NRK Formats, a division launched by the Norwegian broadcaster with DRG 16 months ago.
Never Ever Do This At Home has already been produced by TV2 Zulu in Denmark, which has greenlit a second season.
ZDF in Germany aired one season of the series from indie producer Prime Productions.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services