Norwegian format 'Never Ever Do This at Home' Headed to Canada
The Canadian Discovery Channel has ordered a local version of the science experiment series originally developed by Norway's NRK.
TORONTO – Norwegian broadcaster NRK’s format Never Ever Do This At Home is headed to Canada.
Discovery Channel Canada has inked a deal with distributor DRG for the first English-language version of the science-based series, to be produced locally by Insight Productions.
Thirteen half-hours of the series are to be made this Fall, to air on Discovery Channel Canada in early 2013.
The Canadian format of Never Ever Do This At Home will feature hosts test and challenge things around the home through experiments and stunts.
The Canadian deal comes out of NRK Formats, a division launched by the Norwegian broadcaster with DRG 16 months ago.
Never Ever Do This At Home has already been produced by TV2 Zulu in Denmark, which has greenlit a second season.
ZDF in Germany aired one season of the series from indie producer Prime Productions.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!